Jeremy T. Finke
email@example.com • 913-735-5269
Career Objective: To continue to provide quality security leadership for the federal and banking business areas.
Masters of Business Administration, Business Administration General, Regis University, Denver, CO, 2005.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN, 1997.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Project Management Professional (PMP).
IT Infrastructure Library Foundation for Service Management (ITIL).
Dale Carnegie (Pathways to Success).
Summary of Qualifications: Over fourteen years of professional technical, leadership, and managerial work. Consultation of security policies and procedures focusing on overall risk management. Over five years of Certification and Accreditation of federal systems. Strengths include Internet technologies, analytical problem solving, and team leadership skills. Multiple projects designing and implementing security solutions utilizing scanning, firewalls, anti-spam solutions, and anti-virus technology. Project management and team management.
Information Security Architect – Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO (July 2009 – Present)
• Provides guidance to team and business owners as the Bank adopts a NIST based risk management program.
• Provides consultation to all Bank employees regarding security policy and processes and best practices.
• Designs and recommends secure implementations of systems.
• Works with application developers using Hailstorm to develop more secure code.
• Words with application developers to implement a white box scanning product to develop more secure code.
• Spearheads effort to implement BSIMM.
• Writes white papers on behalf of management requests.
• Provides leadership and guidance to less experienced teammates.
• Volunteers for non-job related activities: mentor program, diversity liaison, and employee club board.
Certification and Accreditation Security Analyst – TEKSystems / ECS
Kansas City, MO (November 2008 – July 2009)
• Performed phase I Certification and Accreditation for Farm Service Agency of the United States Department of Agriculture.
• Assisted ISO with developing processes and procedures for information security.
• Reviewed and edited templates, checklists and other documentation in support of C & A activity.
• Worked with CSAM to enter enterprise security information.
• Provided guidance to other team members regarding NIST guidance.
Director/Senior Security Analyst – Computer Security Consulting, Inc.
Warrensburg, MO (November 2006 – November 2008)
• Performed phase I and phase II Certification and Accreditation for government agencies.
• Assisted and provided guidance to Fortune 600 Company with their internal SOX audit to prepare for their external audit.
• Acting CIO for CSCI. Duties comprised of architecture, web development, corporate security, MOSS 2007, and other technical guidance.
• Managed and developed project plans for proposed and existing contracts.
• Wrote and submitted proposals for RFQs/RFPs.
• Gave presentations to clients regarding proposals.
• Developed and gave guidance for documents, policies, and templates for FISMA and NIST compliance.
• Managed team. Performed performance appraisals.
• Interviewed potential team members. Gave recommendations for hiring and termination.
Systems Security Specialist – General Dynamics
Kansas City, MO (July 2004 – September 2006)
• Developed a custom database application for the purpose of recording and reporting on the state of the security controls for a multitude of systems. This saved the team 50% of the time to perform the work and increased the consistency of the data.
• Wrote security documentation per the requirements of the client, particularly for the US Government’s C&A process.
• Performed onsite security evaluations of both logical and physical security.
• Managed other team members in project planning and priority setting.
• Performed logical security evaluations utilizing technical tools for Windows, UNIX, Netware, firewalls, and networks including Nessus, Nmap, NGSSQuirreL, and Sara.
• Participated in writing proposals for client work requests per the clients’ needs.
• Participated in writing content for brochures for marketing purposes.
Systems Programmer 4 – Yellow Roadway Corporation
Overland Park, KS (January 2002 – June 2004)
• Acted as technical lead for a multi-team project which provided a new security solution including products such as Checkpoint’s NGAI54, Blue Coat caching servers, and CipherTrust’s Iron Mail.
• Performed a security evaluation and upgraded Meridian IQ’s Checkpoint firewall as a result.
• Upgraded older Dell BigIP appliances to F5’s BigIP 1000 switches.
• Was responsible for Meridian IQ’s entire UNIX infrastructure, including maintenance, upgrade of both hardware and software, upgrade of the SAN, design of the Veritas cluster, and disaster recovery.
• Implemented an anti-spam and anti-virus solution for Meridian IQ, which included Postfix, Amavisd-new, SpamAssassin, and Interscan’s Viruswall.
• Provided third tier technical support, internal consulting, and participated in the UNIX team’s on-call rotation.
• Participated and designed solutions for disaster recovery for UNIX, Networking, and Firewall systems.
• Developed a Business Impact Analysis regarding single points of failure for MeridianIQ.
Systems Engineer – Meridian IQ
Overland Park, KS (July 2000 – December 2001)
• Checkpoint Firewall design, implementation, and administration.
• Interscan VirusWall design, implementation, and administration.
• Intrusion Detection and Penetration testing utilizing open source tools such as Snort, Nessus, and Nmap, and ACID.
• Administration and installation of Netscape Enterprise Servers and iPlanet servers.
• UNIX administration including installation, design, Veritas support, SAN support, VCS support and hardware.
• BigBrother design, implementation, and administration including all servers and web applications, utilizing custom scripts and outside tools.
Senior Information System Analyst – Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO (July 1999 – June 2000)
• Administration of Solaris and Linux servers including design, implementation, and upgrading.
• Spearheaded effort to get Linux certified for use within the organization.
• Web administrator and capacity planner.
• Participated in the Federal Reserve supervisory development program.
System Administrator – University of Evansville
Evansville, IN (January 1998 – June 1999)
• Network administration, including design and implementation of Cisco and Synopitcs switches, hubs, and routers.
• Configuration and design of DNS for 14 class C networks.
• AIX administration including 3500 email accounts.
• Windows NT and Novell Netware administration including 3500 printing accounts.
• Installation of web servers including development of SQL based ASP pages.
• Design and implementation of a web gateway to the UNIX mail accounts.
• Instruction of faculty and staff on application usage.
• Direct technical support to the President of the University.
• Managed student workers, co-ops, and several computer labs.